Is Your AC Harming Your Air Quality?
- Air Conditioning
As the weather heats up, it’s likely that you will be spending more and more time indoors to beat the heat and stay cool. If your air conditioner doesn’t seem to be working like it used to, it could be hurting your indoor air quality. Any AC that’s old, outdated, or running inefficiently can cause indoor air problems in your home. If you suspect there’s a problem with your system, call McHale’s to schedule service. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
- Clogged or dirty filters. Your filter is responsible for literally filtering out impurities in your airflow before its delivered and dispersed throughout your home via a central air system. Your air filter should be changed often, every few months is best. This is especially important during periods of extended use, like the summer months. When the filter becomes dirty and clogged with dust, hair, dander, pollen, or any other debris that may make their way in, your air quality can be compromised.
- Excess water. If your air conditioner is leaking any excess fluid or it has more condensation than usual, it may be harming your indoor air quality. Leftover liquids can leave you with mold or mildew growth. These spores can grow and spread at a rapid rate. If in or around your air system, they can easily be blown into your home.
- Duct problems. If your duct system is damaged, it’s possible for debris to build up inside. Because your ducts deliver air directly through your vents, whatever may be built up inside will be delivered as well.
- Strange noises or odors. These are signs that your system may be broken or running inefficiently. In an effort to prevent the problem from worsening, you should have a professional fix the problem.
- Old or inefficient equipment. Any system that is old, outdated, or running inefficiently has the potential to damage the air quality in your home. If your air conditioning system is out of date, you should consider a replacement. Newer technologies are more efficient and will help to keep the air in your home safe and breathable for years to come.
How McHale’s Can Help
In order to ensure you and your family stay cool during the summer months, you need to have a working air conditioner. When you notice that your air conditioner is not working as it should, or you see a sudden rise in your energy bills, you know it’s time to call in your local Newtown and Bucks County experts at McHale’s. We are a full service air conditioner repair and maintenance company here to help with whatever cooling problems you’re having, including:
- Heat pump repair
- Compressor repair
- Freon recharge
- Air handler service
- Blower motor replacement
- Air conditioning repairs
- And much more!
Don’t wait until your system fails completely. Call McHale’s today to schedule your AC service!