Are you protected from power outages? When the power goes down, automatic standby generators keep your lights on so you can have peace of mind no matter what the weather is like outside. Unlike a bulky portable generator, automatic units are located outside your home and are ready to start the second an electrical outage occurs. And, fortunately for Bucks County homeowners, a generator installation is only a call away, courtesy of the McHale’s electrical team!
How do Automatic Standby Generators Work?
What is amazing about automatic standby generators is how simple they are. These generators stand watch over your home all day, ensuring that your home has power. When the power to your home fails, the generator automatically takes over. Here’s how they work:
- The generator monitors your home’s utility voltage 24/7.
- As soon as a problem occurs, the generator goes to work.
- A transfer switch disconnects the utility line and switches to power from your generator.
- Power is restored to your home within seconds.
- Once your main utility line is back online, your generator goes back to standby mode.
Benefits of an Automatic Standby Generator Installation
Automatic standby generators provide safety and peace of mind by returning power to your home within seconds of a power outage. Knowing your home and family is safe in the event of an emergency goes a long way.
Other benefits include:
- Located outside of your home
- Always ready to react to a power outage
- Peace of mind in knowing that your home is safe during an outage
- Stationary, so there’s no need to carry around a portable unit
Let our automatic standby generators help keep your family safe and comfortable during an emergency. Contact the generator experts at McHale’s today to learn more about what generator is right for your home and how to get one installed.