As the weather gets colder, you rely on your furnace more and more. Reliable and consistent heat is necessary for the comfort and safety of your family. If you notice that it hasn’t been working as well as it used to, it’s likely that you need repair work done. As your furnace ages, the wear and tear from the years of use can cause damage to occur. Small issues can grow over time, causing your furnace to work less efficiently. You should schedule routine maintenance to keep your home heating system running smoothly – at least twice a year. McHale’s is ready to help you with your furnace, whether it needs a check-up or a repair.
Signs Your Furnace Needs Repair
- You’re past due for service: Service is recommended at least twice a year. If it’s been a while since your furnace has received some TLC, you should schedule a professional inspection/repair.
- Strange noises: Any loud noises are a cause for concern. They are likely the cause of a loose or detached fixture, and should be fixed before they can cause further damage.
- Weird odors: Can you smell gas or oil after the first few uses of the season? If so, you should call a professional. If these materials are leaking, it could result in a potentially dangerous situation.
- Weak or cold air flow: If your vents are blowing a weak amount or cold air, this is a telltale sign that you’re in need of a repair.
- High electricity bill: If your furnace is working inefficiently, it will reflect in your electric bill! Poorly functioning or broken furnaces require more electricity to function.
- Frequent switching: If your furnace has a hard time staying on, you need at least one part repaired. It could be the result of faulty wiring, a broken fan, or a list of other things that a professional will be able to identify.
How McHale’s Can Help
For over 65 years, we have been dedicated to keeping families warm and safe throughout the winter months. If your furnace is worth saving, we will do everything we can to restore it to its best working function. Here are a few benefits of choosing McHale’s for your service repair needs:
- Improved comfort: After a repair or tune-up, your furnace will be able to heat your home at a more efficient rate. This will boost airflow throughout your house, and help prevent hot or cold spots.
- Lower utility bills: If a McHale’s specialists can fix and save your furnace, it should require less energy to function. The savings will show in your electric bill.
- Fewer repairs: The only way to prevent future repairs is by fixing small problems before they escalate!
- Extended equipment life: Routine maintenance, including repairs as needed, will help to extend the life of your furnace and keep it working as long as possible.
Don’t wait for a small problem to escalate. If your furnace is showing signs that it needs repair or you suspect that something is off, call us today!