How Often Should You Get an AC Tune-Up
- Air Conditioning
During the scorching summer months, your air conditioning unit is critical to maintaining a comfortable living space. Regular AC tune-ups are essential to ensure that your unit is operating at peak performance. At McHale’s, we offer comprehensive services to keep your unit running efficiently and reliably. In this blog post, we will explore what servicea entails, why it is important, and how often you should schedule one with McHales.
What Is An AC Tune-Up?
An AC tune-up is a routine maintenance service provided by HVAC professionals to ensure that your unit is running efficiently and reliably. The HVAC technician will inspect your unit, clean various components, and perform any necessary repairs.
What Does An AC Tune-Up Consist Of?
An AC tune-up consists of several services that help keep your unit running efficiently. These services include:
- Checking and tightening electrical connections
- Inspecting and cleaning the evaporator and condenser coils
- Checking and replenishing refrigerant levels
- Cleaning or replacing the air filter
- Lubricating moving parts
- Checking and adjusting the thermostat
- Inspecting the fan and motor
Why Should I Get An AC Tune-Up?
Regular services provide several benefits, including:
- Improved energy efficiency, leading to lower energy bills
- Extended lifespan of your AC unit
- Improved indoor air quality
- Reduced risk of breakdowns and costly repairs
- Peace of mind knowing that your AC unit is running reliably
How Often Should You Get An AC Tune-Up?
The frequency of AC tune-ups depends on several factors, including:
- Age of the unit: Older units require more frequent tune-ups than newer units.
- Frequency of use: Units that are used frequently require more frequent tune-ups than those that are only used occasionally.
- Environment: Units located in dusty or humid environments require more frequent tune-ups.
- Maintenance history: Units that have a history of breakdowns or repairs may require more frequent tune-ups.
In general, it is recommended to schedule AC tune-ups at least once a year. However, if your unit is older or experiences frequent use, you may want to schedule tune-ups twice a year.
Factors That Influence the Cost
The cost can vary depending on several factors, including:
– Geographic location: Prices may vary depending on the location of the HVAC company.
– Size of the unit: Larger units may require more time and resources to tune up, leading to a higher cost.
– Age of the unit: Older units may require more extensive services, leading to a higher cost.
Keep Your AC Running Efficiently With Regular Tune-Up Services
In conclusion, regular services with McHales are essential to ensure that your unit is running efficiently and reliably. With our comprehensive tune-up services, you can extend the lifespan of your unit, reduce the risk of breakdowns, and improve indoor air quality. As a general rule of thumb, it is recommended to schedule services at least once a year, but the frequency may vary depending on several factors. Don’t neglect the health of your AC unit. Schedule a tune-up with McHales today to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long.
Check out our Google Reviews!