How Can a Tankless Water Heater in Levittown PA Benefit You?
- Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters are an option many homeowners are choosing. They can save space by avoiding a large storage tank. Quite a bit of energy is also saved, because you don’t have the water constantly being kept hot in the tank. The idea is that the heater only works when there is a demand for hot water. A heater is activated by a computer connected to a flow sensor. That means when the water starts flowing, the burner turns on and the fluid is heated as it circulates through a heat exchanger.
The heater shuts off when the tap is closed. A tankless water heater in Levittown can be a great benefit for many reasons. One of them is the most obvious. Water is heated only when you need it to be, so little energy is wasted by a system heating water that’s not being used. Gas is more typically used to power the system, rather than electricity. You can therefore save as much as 30 percent per year on utility bills.
Benefits to a tankless water heater in Levittown also include:
- Hot Water Is More Available: You can actually use hot water in the shower or with appliances such as dishwashers and washing machines. At the same time! If you anticipate running multiple appliances, a propane heater is a good choice.
- Warmer Showers: A propane tankless heater provides you with hot water at any time. You will not have cold showers. By contrast, an electric water heater with a 50-gallon capacity might take at least an hour or more to resupply the hot water.
- Longer Life: While a tank water heater may last 10 years tops, a tankless unit can run efficiently for up to 20 years. That means you won’t have to think of replacement for a while. Also, 10-15 year warranties are not unheard of.
- Reduced Environment Waste: Today, many tankless water heaters in Levittown are manufactured using recycled materials. The same cannot be said for most tank units. They also have to be disposed in landfills and have no recyclable value.
- More Room: You can literally put a tankless unit anywhere. You don’t need a huge amount of basement space or an entire room or closet. Some units can be hung on the wall.
- The Water Is Cleaner: With a tankless water unit, rust and other deposits do not build up in the tank, where the water is kept until use. You’ll have a constant supply of hot, fresh, and clean water.
If you think a tankless water heater in Levittown will benefit you, contact McHales today for expert advice on the best models. Technicians are available to install your water heater so you can start experiencing the advantages so many are getting these days.