What Storage Type is Best for Your Water Heater Installation in Langhorne
The storage type of your water heater is the biggest factor to consider for water heater installation in Langhorne. All too often, customers wind up with the wrong water heater that either can’t fix in their home or meet their water heating demands. As we advance into the coldest months of the year, it’s more important than ever to make sure you get the right storage type so you have hot water to combat the incoming cold.
Allow McHales to be your number-one destination for water heater installation in Langhorne. Our team of plumbers will make it a point to give you the water heater with the right storage type so you have hot water for all of your fixtures. When it comes to finding the right water heater, you can always count on McHales to keep you totally satisfied!
3 Main Types of Water Heaters
- Conventional Water Heaters: Most conventional water heaters are 40 to 80 gallon storage tank for keeping water at a constant temperature – when you open a hot water faucet in your home, this water is immediately pumped to that location.
- Tankless Water Heaters: This type does not store water. Instead, they heat water on-demand in a series of coils, so you only spend energy heating water when you need it.
- Hybrid Water Heaters: This type combines both storage types into a single unit: the appliance keeps a small tank of water heated constantly for immediate use, but also heats water on-demand to save energy.
So, What Storage Type Do You Need?
Each of the water heater storage types has a distinct list of pros and cons. To help you keep all of the information straight, we’ve arranged this list of which water heater systems belong in which types of houses. Here are just a few scenarios where determining the right storage type of water heater installation in Langhorne is highly important:
- Large Household, 4+ Members – If your family is taking more than 4 combined showers in a single day, you’re going to want to go with a conventional water heater. Make sure your plumber
- Small Household, 1-2 Members – The compact size and high efficiency of tankless water heating makes it perfect for a smaller home with two occupants who aren’t home all day long. On-demand water heating means you use less energy, and you don’t have to worry about heating water you’ll never use. Tankless water heaters are easy to install and fit just about anywhere! And they last longer, too, making them easier on your wallet.
- Mid-size Home, 3-4 Members – Hybrid water heaters combine the energy efficiency of the tankless with the convenience of the tank-type – the 1 to 2 gallons of heated water is always there when you need it, and the on-demand water has you covered all day long.
Want to learn more about water heater storage and the difference it makes? A local at McHales can help you every step of the way. Call McHales for water heater installation in Langhorne!