Reasons To Schedule A Generator Installation
Have you ever had a power outage at your home? Whenever the power goes out, we immediately wish that it would simply kick back on. With a standby installation, your wish can be granted! It will turn on within seconds during a power outage. Here are some of the ways a generator installation can benefit you:
Benefits of a Standby Generator Installation
- Instant power. One of the best perks of a standby generator is that it instantly generates power when there’s a power outage. Instant power generation not only ensures that your important appliances run without interruption, but that it greatly reduces the risk of harmful power surges that can either damage your sensitive electronics or even start a fire.
- It keeps appliances running. Some appliances, such as your refrigerator, need to be running constantly. While the food inside your fridge can stay cool, the clock starts ticking as soon as the power goes off. A standby generator spares you the grief of tossing out an entire fridge full of food. They are also a must have for households that use medical equipment or work from home.
- Protection against basement flooding. On top of protecting your plumbing, a standby generator also ensures that other important appliances do their job. Your sump pump needs electricity to run, and it’s designed to remove any excess water outside your basement. Having a backup source of power like a standby generator, ensures you won’t have an ice rink in your basement.
- You save money. No power can make your home miserable to live in, especially during the winter season. While it may be expensive to install a standby system for your home, having one does save you the cost of staying at a hotel each time the power goes out.
- No tripping over extension cords. Unlike a portable generator which can only generate enough power for a handful of appliances, a standby generator powers everything in your home. Instead of carefully picking what to power and tripping over extension cords, a standby generator is wired directly into your home’s electrical system and generates power immediately after a power outage.
- It protects your electronics. Not only does a standby system protect your home from power surges whenever a power outage happens, it also protects your electronics from power surges that can happen when the power comes back on. While power surges are a common occurrence and most can be relatively harmless, power surges caused by major power outages are more likely to damage your electronics. A standby system protects your electronics by waiting until the voltage is stabilized before the it transfers power generation back to the utility line.
How McHale’s Can Help
Your safety and well being is our main concern. Let our automatic standby generators help keep your family safe and comfortable during an emergency. Contact the generator experts at McHale’s today to learn more about what generator is right for your home and how to get one for your home.