Electrical Upgrades to Consider in Your Bucks County Home
Spring Has Sprung in Bucks County, PA!
Do You Need Electrical Upgrades in Your Home?
How is your homes electrical system working? Is it time for some upgrades? While you’re spring cleaning, don’t forget to show your electrical system some love! Here are a few upgrades to consider:
- Wiring. Outdated wiring is much worse than fumbling with an outlet or making the occasional trip to the circuit breaker. If your home’s wiring is old, it puts you at risk of an electrical house fire. Old, outdated wiring is prone to overheat when overloaded. Your wiring is also located between your walls and insulation, and any damaged or exposed wiring can result in starting a fire when in contact with the insulation.
- Electrical Panel. Whether your home is in need of rewiring services, there is still the issue of your electrical panel. An outdated electrical panel is just as problematic as outdated wiring, as it can’t handle your home’s current electrical load. Updating your home’s electrical panel also spares you the risk of a house fire, and can even help you save money your electric bills.
- urge Protectors. Whether your home already has surge protectors, or needs them, updating your home’s surge protection is always a good idea. Power surges can be a common electrical problem, but some of them can wind up devastating your sensitive electronics. Surge protectors aren’t built to last forever, and usually after one nasty power surge, it’s time for a new one. Upgrading your home’s surge protection ensures that your sensitive electronics, such as your computers and entertainment systems, won’t be fried during a power surge.
- Energy efficient appliances. If you decided to upgrade your home’s electrical system, upgrading your current appliances can help. Major appliances such as your HVAC system and water heater, can eat up a lot of electricity and make for costly utility bills. Upgrading to energy efficient models can not only help cut costs but take a lesser load on your electrical system.
- Generator Installation. It’s best to be prepared for a major power outage, especially if you live somewhere prone to power outages. Installing a standby generator prevents most problems that can happen from a lack of power such as throwing out a fridge full of food, thawing frozen pipes, clearing a flooded basement, or replacing damaged appliances from a power surge.
Why Choose McHales?
Our licensed and experienced electricians are ready to solve any emergency electrical repair that your home faces. When you’re experiencing electrical issues in your Bucks County home, give us a call. Every moment counts when it comes to electrical issues! Whether you need repair, maintenance, or replacement, McHales has you covered!
Call McHales today to schedule your electrical service!