Ask Our Yardley Heating Service: How Can You Save Money This Winter?
In between bouts of snow shoveling and snowman-making, you are probably looking to save as much money as possible on heating costs this winter. Of course, it’s a lot easier said than done. When snowfall hits and the temperatures sink below freezing, you’ll most likely rely on your furnace heavily and while it certainly can provide you with ample heating when it’s working at its best, it sometimes is not the most energy-efficient way to keep yourself warm. In fact, great heating at come at a hefty price. You may be spending more time paying for heating instead of actually enjoying it!
McHale’s will provide you with the best Yardley heating service this season, and we will also teach you how you can save money on those pesky heating bills. Now that we’re in the coldest time of the year, we think it’s important for our customers to strike a balance between budget and heating. We may be heating experts, but we’re also money-saving experts as well. We can make it so this winter will be your warmest yet most energy-efficient ever!
What Does Our Yardley Heating Service Recommend?
You may find yourself spending an entire winter worrying about heating costs as opposed to actually enjoying the season. If you’re wondering how to live in the winter without higher costs of heating bills, take the following advice:
- Consider insulation: Did you know you could save upwards of hundreds or thousands of dollars if your home is properly insulated? Contact your local heating contractor immediately to seal up air ducts where heating may be lost, or purchase insulation from your local hardware store.
- Lock doors and windows: Keep doors and windows in all areas of your home locked to prevent cool outdoor air from entering your home. This is especially true if you have any water pipes near doors and windows as they will be the first to freeze if cold air seeps in.
- Keep furnace clean: Check your furnace filter monthly and replace or clean it when it becomes dirty to ensure lower energy costs and healthier indoor air quality. You may also want to take a vacuum to clean the inside of your furnace.
- Don’t rely on exhaust fans: Keep your use of exhaust fans down to a minimum. Exhaust fans can move hot air out of any room and out of your home, so only use them when you absolutely must.
- Turn down the thermostat: While your thermostat is responsible for establishing perfect temperature control, turning it down by 10 to 15 degrees can save up to 10% on energy bills for the month!
Contact McHale’s today if you need Yardley heating service this winter and never be afraid to ask us for advice on how to save money on bills!