Why AC Maintenance Will Benefit You
- Air Conditioning
Spring has arrived which means more spring cleaning to prepare for the season. Homeowners around the area believe spring cleaning is only meant to discard a lot of old belongings that has piled up during the winter. However, what spring cleaning really means is making sure you schedule an AC maintenance check. We are all busy people which is understandable, and we might overlook things from time to time. That is why our AC systems aren’t always checked in a timely manner or before the warmer seasons start to creep in. But when we ignore out AC’s, dust that’s accumulated throughout the house begins to pile up which can be damaging to your health and exacerbate your allergies. You might also find yourself at a dead end when the warm weather finally hits and your AC decides to break.
AC Maintenance with McHale’s
Maintaining your AC can really dictate how enjoyable a spring or summer season can be for you. That is why McHale’s offers so many affordable options so that you don’t go a day without an efficient system. High-quality customer service is what we pride ourself on. And we have well-experienced technicians who are ready to handle all sorts of factors when it comes to AC maintenance. We know what it means to save money, which is what we’ll help you do when you schedule a tune-up with us. A properly running and maintained HVAC system is one of the most important attributes to your home, especially when looking for comfort. So don’t hesitate to call us so that we can help you enjoy more savings for your home.
What Will Happen if You Ignore Your AC?
One way to think of your AC system is to consider this: What if the car your drive everyday needed an oil change? Would you still continue to drive it, even if you knew it was in need of some maintenance? That’s doubtful. Which is why we stress the importance of AC maintenance. Without scheduling a tune-up, you could run the risk of wasting more money on utility bills because the system isn’t clean and forced to work harder. And when you ignore potential warning signs, your AC system could fail when you might need it the most. Water lines could also be affected by being clogged, which causes major damage to your home. A simple AC maintenance check could solve all these problems for you.
What Do You Get with an AC Tune-Up?
We consider many factors when it comes to conducting an AC maintenance check. At McHale’s, we cover the entire system to make sure everything is up to speed and prepared to handle warmer days. Here’s what you can expect with McHale’s:
- Parts will also be lubricated by the technician if needed and safety devices will be inspected for proper operation.
- Clean outdoor units, which means leaves, twigs, grass, dirt, etc. is removed that might have added up during the winter months.
- Thermostats will be tested for proper operation, calibration, and levels to ensure your cooling system is the right temperature.
- Air filter changed to help the unit run more efficiently. Will also keep dust and allergens down in your home.
- Electrical connections will be tightened and inspected including the fan blades and motor for any damage.
- Clean and lubricate indoor components such as blower fans and coils. This will help the unit run efficiently, keeping your utility bills low.
- AC refrigerant levels will be checked to ensure your AC is blowing cold air. If the levels are low, then that could indicate a leak in the system.
- Operation on all HVAC units will be checked to make sure everything is in peak running condition for the respected season.
- Most air conditioners have a drainage hole on the base of the cabinet. This hole needs to be kept clear, which is also part of an AC tune-up. This will ensure the system continues to work well. The technician will remove any obstructions during the inspection when they flush and treat the condensate drain.
- And lastly, duct work will be inspected for any leaks.
What AC Maintenance Can Do for You
Being proactive is a trait all homeowners should have. It’s better to be prepared rather than ending up in the dark and running to find help. Not only will you feel more relaxed once the warmer weather hits, since you know for a fact your system will work right. But you will also live healthier since your system was cleaned, removing any hazardous material in your AC.
AC maintenance can go a long way, so don’t wait a day longer to schedule – call McHale’s today for service!