5 Reasons to Tune-up Your Furnace Before Winter Ends
Furnace Maintenance in Bucks County Before Winter Ends
As the winter winds down, people all across America will be giving their heaters and furnaces a break as warm weather makes a return. However, just because the weather is warming up doesn’t mean you should forget about your furnace. In fact, some of the best times to get your furnace inspected and tuned-up are during the spring and fall months. A spring tune-up will give your furnace the checkup it needs after a long winter of warming your home, so it will be ready the next time you need it.
Reasons Why McHales Should Tune-up Your Furnace Before Winter Ends
- Cleaning. Whether you use a furnace or boiler to heat your home, heating systems accumulate dust and other particles throughout their life. All of that debris can negatively affect the efficiency and performance of your furnace. When your furnace is working harder, it can cause a big jump in your utility bills and wear down your furnace’s overall lifespan. When technicians from McHales give your furnace a tune-up, they’ll make sure to give it a thorough cleaning to prevent such issues.
- Less risk of failure. You might not know it, but certain parts of your furnace may have been heavily worn down when winter ended. If you leave your furnace unchecked until you use it next winter, there’s a good chance it’ll break early on when you need it. You don’t want to have your furnace replaced or repaired while you’re in the middle of sub-zero temperatures! Call us to make sure your furnace is able to handle next winter.
- Cheaper than a major repair. If you think paying for a tune-up might be too costly, consider this. If your furnace breaks down and needs emergency service, it’s going to cost a lot of money. On the other hand, the preventative maintenance that we perform during a tune-up generally costs much less. Make the smart choice and have us take a look at your furnace.
- Safety. In order to produce heat, furnaces have to burn some sort of fuel. This combustion process can cause problems if something is wrong with the furnace. Gasses could leak into the house, carbon monoxide could be released, or your furnace could start a fire. Don’t take a chance with your safety and call McHales so your furnace won’t be a problem.
- Maintain your warranty. If your furnace is under manufacturer warranty, it’s a good idea to have it regularly checked. Many manufacturer warranties state that they will become void if the furnace doesn’t get regular maintained. Having one of our technicians give your furnace a tune-up can uphold your warranty and ensure you’re covered. That way, if something does result in your furnace dying, you can get a refund on it.
Why Choose McHales?
For over 65 years, we have been dedicated to keeping families warm and safe throughout the winter months. If your furnace is worth saving, we will do everything we can to restore it to its best working function. Here are a few benefits of choosing McHale’s for your service repair needs:
- Improved comfort
- Lower utility bills
- Fewer repairs
- Extended equipment life
If you need furnace maintenance in Bucks County, PA, call McHale’s today!